Localization Project Manager (Japan)
MoGi Group (TransPerfect Gaming Division) is an award-winning multilingual video games services company dedicated to world-class translation, localization, player support, games testing, cybersecurity, tool development, art design, and community management services. Our successful community management and player support departments support countless exciting games and titles worldwide, helping developers to manage their communities in multiple languages, while our localization department helps bring games of all genres to the world in over 44 languages.
Are you looking to work on a wide range of exciting and diverse video games? Does your true passion lie in video games and online gaming? What if you could combine your hobby with your professional expertise?
Our localization department supports over 600 games developers across the globe. We’re looking for a capable and responsible Japan-based project manager to join our growing localization department. Someone who can successfully manage translation and localization projects from beginning to end, and develop project plans and workflows. A proficiency in time and budget management, resources, and quality control is crucial. We are also looking for the added value of someone who can identify and document opportunities to improve processes and technologies.
- Developing project workflows and identifying key steps to ensuring linguistically accurate, culturally adapted, and compliant translations
- Utilizing CAT tools and translation management software to facilitate smooth workflows and terminology management
- Executing quality assurance processes to ensure best translation practices
- Maintaining relationships with linguists and coaching them on any linguistic issues that arise
- Coordinating with senior project managers to meet revenue and profit margin targets on an ongoing basis
Ideal candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree – preferably in Language Studies, International studies, or Localization
- Proficiency in CAT tools (MemoQ, SDL Trados)
- Experience in the localization/video games industry
- Strong computer and desktop publishing skills
- A native level of Japanese or Korean with excellent oral and written communication skills
- A strong proficiency in the English language
- Ability to deal with frequent changes, delays, interruptions, and unexpected events in the course of project work
- Strong ability to multitask, prioritize, and work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving, decision-making abilities, and lateral thinking capacity to readily offer clients innovative solutions
- An opportunity to hone and improve your skills by applying them to a diverse variety of engaging gaming projects
- The chance to work closely with a team of like-minded people in a fast-paced, multicultural environment
- A competitive salary
- Valuable and transferable work experience in the games industry
- Ongoing training and professional self-improvement opportunities