MoGi Group is an award-winning multilingual video games services company dedicated to world-class translation, localization, player support, games testing, cybersecurity, tool development, art design, and community management services. Our successful community management and player support departments support countless exciting games and titles worldwide, helping developers to manage their communities in multiple languages, while our localization department helps bring games of all genres to the world in over 44 languages.
We’re currently looking for a dynamic addition to the team who can work with cross-functional teams to help develop localization engineering related projects and solve potential process issues. Someone who will provide technical support for our project management team and empower them to process projects efficiently, on-time, and to a set of varying and diverse specifications for our over 600 clients.
The localization engineer will act as a file-processing and troubleshooting resource, providing support with translation projects requiring specialist technical knowledge or specialist software in order to ensure the quality of our translations. If you are an enthusiastic, motivated, lateral thinker and are experienced with CAT tools then our team is eager to meet you!
- Operational localization workflow support: file analysis, workflow creation, file conversion, QA checks, and language-related layout design and checks
- Coordination of all phases of assigned translation projects including pre- and post-processing of files, file tracking and management, and project archiving
- Technical support and training for project managers. Overall technical responsibility for assigned projects ensuring correct file management and file versioning
- Preparation of files for translation using standard localization tools
- Identification of best localization practices
- Coordination and control of human and technical resources
- Collaboration on design, implementation, and documentation of new engineering processes and tools
- Validating existing account workflows
- Researching new applications/translation technology solutions to improve efficiency and accuracy
Ideal candidates will have:
- A university-level education in Computer Science (preferably). May be substituted by an equivalent combination of education and workplace experience.
- Localization engineering and software localization experience
- Advanced knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Strong knowledge of industry standard tools including MemoQ and SDL Trados, as well as other CAT and terminology programs
- Ability to work competently and independently in MemoQ and SDL Trados (adding elements, scripts, command filters, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of XML, HTML, or similar
- A strong proficiency in the English language
- An opportunity to hone and improve your skills by applying them to a diverse variety of engaging gaming projects
- The chance to work closely with a team of like-minded people in a fast-paced, multicultural environment
- A competitive salary
- Valuable and transferable work experience in the games industry
- On-going training and professional self-improvement opportunities