MoGi Group (TransPerfect Gaming Division) is an award-winning multilingual video game services provider specializing in localization, player support, community management, ethical penetration testing, gaming and admin tool development, and much more. We work with a large number of gaming developers and publishers across the globe, helping them to introduce their games to newer markets and wider audiences worldwide.
We are looking for an exceptionally skilled environment artist to join our team as we continue to work on the next top grossing blockbuster hits on mobile, PC, console, and VR/AR! We are looking for a candidate with a strong eye for spatial design, composition, texture and colour theory. In this role you will be responsible for creating high quality assets across varied styles and genres within a timely fashion based on client schedules and needs.
The ideal candidate must have a solid grasp of modelling and texturing both organic and hard surfaced assets, as well as an excellent working knowledge of the latest industry tools and technology.
- Creating high quality hard surface and organic 3D environments and props that adhere to the project’s vision and technical requirements
- Painting great looking textures in the appropriate style from reference materials or scratch
- Keeping a consistent balance between quality and efficiency while working under tight deadlines
- Integrating game assets into the engine as needed
- Managing all the assets and data associated with the environments while making sure to optimize and deliver clean assets with the correct organization
- Establishing a thorough understanding of the existing tools and pipelines; experiment/champion opportunities for improvement
- Promptly learning new tools and/or techniques as project requires
- Communicating with Art Director and leads regularly in order to keep cohesion between assets and spaces, as well as to ensure all deadlines are met on time
- Creatively troubleshoot technical issues as needed
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of experience in game development designing, modelling, and texturing 3D assets using Maya/3DS Max and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D/2D programs) on multiple shipped titles
- Knowledge of Substance (designer and/or painter), strong understanding of PBR workflow and familiarity with nodal based systems is required
- Excellent organic and hard surfaced modelling skills with an exceptional understanding of architecture, composition, shape and form
- Ability to implement clean, efficient geometry for maximum performance in the engine
- Superior eye for light, shade, colour and detail in creating texture maps of different material types
- Strong painting, multi-layered material creation and texture layout skills
- Extensive experience working with Unreal and/or Unity, including terrain/landscape editing, modular building and level streaming set-up and implementation
- Ability to switch between a wide range of styles
- Z-brush or Mudbox experience is a plus
- A native level of English
- Self-driven with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Collaborative, team-player attitude: open & receptive to new ideas, constructive criticism, direction and changes
- An appreciation for source control desired
- An opportunity to hone and improve your skills by applying them to a diverse variety of engaging gaming projects
- Competitive salary
- Working closely with a team of like-minded people in a fast-paced, multicultural environment
- Ongoing training and professional self-improvement opportunities
Please include portfolio samples (link or PDF – online preferred) that represent the range of your skills. Portfolios should include low and high poly samples, organic and hard surface game assets and some non-game art as well, if possible. Please be sure that these samples have been cleared for release by their respective copyright owners. Examples that show a diverse range a plus (stylized to hyper real). Generally, 12 to 15 pieces are a good sample. Our preference is an online portfolio.