MoGi Group is an award-winning multilingual video game services provider specializing in localization, player support, community management, ethical penetration testing, gaming and admin tool development, and much more. We work with a large number of gaming developers and publishers across the globe, helping them to introduce their games to newer markets and wider audiences worldwide.
MoGi Group is searching for a talented character modeller to create great looking game characters. The ideal candidate will have excellent traditional art skills relating to characters, expertise sculpting and modelling in ZBrush, Max, and Maya, as well as a deep understanding of the technical requirements for the games industry.
- Creating artistically appealing and technically sound characters in tandem with the lead artist, designers, riggers and animators to balance quality and game performance
- Modelling UV and texture polygonal game characters accurately from provided concept art
- Maintaining the style and look of different characters on the same game
- Working in a variety of artistic styles ranging from hyper realistic to stylized and cartoonish
- Following art direction and technical requirements
- Managing outsourcing, communication, and assets
Ideal candidates will have:
- Creating great looking art in a variety of styles, both from reference and from scratch
- A strong understanding of how rigging and animation impact character creation
- Ability to assess and build clean, efficient geometry for maximum performance in the engine.
- Expertise in ZBrush, Max, Maya and Photoshop
- Self-driven team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outsourcing experience a plus
- An opportunity to hone and improve your skills by applying them to a diverse variety of engaging gaming projects
- Competitive salary
- Working closely with a team of like-minded people in a fast-paced, multicultural environment
- Ongoing training and professional self-improvement opportunities
Please include portfolio samples (link or PDF – online preferred) that represent the range of your skills. Portfolios should include low poly samples of game assets as well as non-game art. Please be sure that these samples have been cleared for release by their respective copyright owners. Make sure to also include some examples of your 2D work. Examples that show diverse a range are a plus (stylized to hyper real). Generally, 12 to 15 pieces are a good sample.