Are your games and player data management practices GDPR compliant? Are you ready to tackle the challenges of getting your gaming projects in shape to safely handle your players’ valuable data? Our General Data Protection Regulation consultancy services help you prepare your data protection protocols for operating within the jurisdiction of the European Union. Your players’ data deserves protection and you deserve the peace of mind that comes with knowing your gaming projects are in compliance with EU GDPR regulation.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the framework that regulates the acquisition and management of private data within the European Union and wider European Economic Area (EEA). It ensures the rights of the subjects of data gathering are protected, and that the individual’s privacy is the first priority in the handling of any private data. All bodies (games publishers, developers, etc.) operating within the EEA must comply with the regulations set forth within the GDPR – that’s where we come in!
Our experts in GDPR rules and regulations are ready to sit down with your teams and establish a roadmap towards full GDPR compliance, working hand-in-hand with you to achieve it. Over a series of five one-and-a-half to two-hour meetings, our GDPR experts will outline, define and ultimately deliver a step-by-step program to ensure that your company and your projects are in full compliance with GDPR.
The roadmap to complete GDPR compliance includes:
- Raising Awareness by informing key personnel of upcoming changes, and the nature of said changes so that they may assess the impact of GDPR on your organization.
- Accounting for the personal data you manage by mapping where it comes from and where it is shared.
- Identifying key areas where your existing privacy protection rights are not in keeping with GDPR regulations and taking steps to amend these.
- Evaluating your means of acquiring and registering the consent of your customers for use of their data and updating as required.
- Appointing a Data Protection Officer to take charge of issues relating to GDPR and data protection moving forwards, past the period of consultancy and overhaul.
We are ready to talk you through each step of the compliance process as well as helping you identify key areas that require overhaul on the part of your data management policies. Our experts are also available to work with your team to complete any additional work that may be required beyond the scope of the consultancy period.
David Leaver, Dreadbit
David Walgrave, Larian Studios